Sunday, April 22, 2007

song of the week

I'm quite bored of writing song of the week now.

If I'm honest, I've been finding it a bit problematic for a while. I have this annoying, self-imposed rule that if I've already written about a band or person in SOTW I can't write about them again, which means I end up cobbling together stray scribbles from various notebooks just so I can post a song. And to my mind, that's cheating too. So sorry, all seven of my readers. No more song of the week, at least not until I have a song to write about, or indeed anything else to write about. So this week, nothing, except the recommendation that you read Paddington's post on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours; a beautiful piece of writing about a beautiful record.

Okay, I'm off to limber up ready for the CSS gig tonight...

5 Comments:

At 23 April, 2007 13:54 , Blogger paddington said...

Ta muchly for the link. Having written that piece, I think I can end my psychological reliance on Rumours and move on ... the six/month obsession with "Mirage" (please, no) start here ...

 
At 28 April, 2007 04:37 , Blogger Anna said...

aw, no more song of the week? & i just got an internet connection! oh well, am gonna be downloading your recommendations one by one to make a special dv directed cd xx

 
At 30 April, 2007 10:18 , Blogger Mr Shine said...

Why don't you do book of the week instead, you being a bona fide publisher these days?? :oP

 
At 30 April, 2007 10:19 , Blogger Mr Shine said...

er, that was sash. sorry...

 
At 03 May, 2007 19:16 , Blogger raspberry beret said...

well, sash...i was thinking about doing ghibli of the month for a little bit....but damn, anime's tough to write about

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home