Monday, July 24, 2006

song of the week: road to nowhere

separated at birth?



there are so many reasons why i adore talking heads' road to nowhere and why you should too - but i'm not going to indulge myself and list them all today. all i shall say is this - to those of you unaware of the brilliance of talking heads, but wetting yourselves over the new razorlight album, if you like recent single in the morning, i'm prrreeeettty sure you'll like road to nowhere.

johnny borrell - meet me at the cemetery gates.


4 Comments:

At 29 July, 2006 12:00 , Blogger paddington said...

I say "pah" to your Razorlight nonsense.

But I say "yah" to your Talking Heads. In fact, DV, I would say that if you can find a non-digitally remastered (i.e. cheap) version of Remain in Light, their 1980 masterpiece, you will not spend a better £6.99 all year. It is a phenomenal album.

But Razorlight? C'mon - they're just a modern day Herman's Hermits...

 
At 31 July, 2006 18:41 , Blogger raspberry beret said...

huff. you have failed your comprehension exam. my very point, padds, is that the razorlight song is a shameless work of plagiarism and should be mocked in the face of its far superior influence. grr.

 
At 31 July, 2006 22:21 , Blogger paddington said...

I find that reading people's blogs properly often compromises my innate prejudice. After all, what's a boy to do if he can't jerk his knee once in a while (i.e. every day).

Also, while I'm here, I think it's rather rude of you to ridicule Razorlight in this way. You have the opportunity to bring happiness into millions of homes via your blog, and yet all you can do is sneer at this lank-haired, knock-kneed public school fathead and his chums. Shame on you, DV.

 
At 01 August, 2006 18:12 , Blogger raspberry beret said...

shame on you more like, der-brain

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home