Monday, September 26, 2005

i am a rubbish friend


i feel rather rubbish today as i missed a friend’s birthday bash because it was on the other side of the city and it takes over an hour to get there and i knew i’d have to leave early to get home for work in the morning. i was all set to go, but on my way back from work i got into a quarrel with a London Underground person because i had inadvertently tried to go through a travelcard-only station with pre-pay on my oyster card. how I am supposed to know which - if they let me in on the oyster readers boarding, how come they won’t let me off again? i honestly don’t get it. the man told me i was lying when i said i hadn’t meant to and tried to make me pay an astronomical penalty fair. the really annoying thing was, i left work early to try and get home so i could go out to my friend’s birthday do, but this held me up something chronic – and minifig was upset because dinner was subsequently messed up. i was so angry i nearly started crying and when i got home was still so upset that i didn’t want to go out again. and now I feel really stupid. i think i might as well turn in for the night. i do wish these little things didn’t bother me so.

sorry James - happy birthday

7 Comments:

At 26 September, 2005 20:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great . If I can help, let me know. If you ever need any printing done, I'm sure you'd be interested in Brochures Try Brochures

 
At 28 September, 2005 19:23 , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Yeah, I see how you are. I've got lots of friends like you. They never call, they never write; they continue to blow me off. Do I sound pitiful enough?

 
At 28 September, 2005 19:24 , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

I'm sure he understands though. After a day like yours no one should expect you to be chipper and social.

 
At 04 October, 2005 19:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology Editor
Job Details JOB TITLE Technology Editor COMPANY Library Journal LOCATION New York, NY DESCRIPTION Creative, innovative editor to be primary conduit between tech world and leading trade publication in the ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

 
At 15 October, 2005 23:58 , Blogger Caliban said...

I think I can safely say that you are there for anyone who needs you.
NOW do I sound like a scary stalker? Or do you know who I am by now?

 
At 21 October, 2005 14:42 , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Ok, what's up with this? It's been a month now and nothing new? Huh?! [tap tap] is this thing on? Are you there?

 
At 23 October, 2005 19:10 , Blogger minifig said...

i know - lazy isn't she?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home