Monday, September 26, 2005

i am a rubbish friend


i feel rather rubbish today as i missed a friend’s birthday bash because it was on the other side of the city and it takes over an hour to get there and i knew i’d have to leave early to get home for work in the morning. i was all set to go, but on my way back from work i got into a quarrel with a London Underground person because i had inadvertently tried to go through a travelcard-only station with pre-pay on my oyster card. how I am supposed to know which - if they let me in on the oyster readers boarding, how come they won’t let me off again? i honestly don’t get it. the man told me i was lying when i said i hadn’t meant to and tried to make me pay an astronomical penalty fair. the really annoying thing was, i left work early to try and get home so i could go out to my friend’s birthday do, but this held me up something chronic – and minifig was upset because dinner was subsequently messed up. i was so angry i nearly started crying and when i got home was still so upset that i didn’t want to go out again. and now I feel really stupid. i think i might as well turn in for the night. i do wish these little things didn’t bother me so.

sorry James - happy birthday

4 Comments:

At 28 September, 2005 19:23 , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Yeah, I see how you are. I've got lots of friends like you. They never call, they never write; they continue to blow me off. Do I sound pitiful enough?

 
At 28 September, 2005 19:24 , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

I'm sure he understands though. After a day like yours no one should expect you to be chipper and social.

 
At 21 October, 2005 14:42 , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Ok, what's up with this? It's been a month now and nothing new? Huh?! [tap tap] is this thing on? Are you there?

 
At 23 October, 2005 19:10 , Blogger minifig said...

i know - lazy isn't she?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home