Monday, September 12, 2005

5 correct answers

I hadn't realised, but tonight was the final of University Challenge. I wanted the Romantic Novelists' Assocation to win, but the Privy Council Office took the cup.

I answered five questions correctly, all of which indicate that, in accordance with the dour-faced warnings of people when I left university this summer, my brain is turning to mush. Two questions on the cover artwork of books for children, and two questions on The Clash.

I spent most of the programme organising my bag for tomorrow at work - not because I need to, you understand, but because I faff about, checking I have enough tissues and ibuprofen, in case I am left stranded somewhere with a runny nose and a headache. I also need my IPOD, a book, a bottle of water, an extra layer of clothing and a snack - why loll about waiting when you can be stuffing your face with biscuits whilst listening to music AND finishing the chapter you started when you were left waiting around the last time?

I don't understand people who sit on the tube or the trains with nothing but themselves for company. Perhaps they are deeply interesting people with fascinating internal lives?

I have fourty-five minutes before I have to go to bed, in order to go to work. In between eating three meals a day, sleeping, washing and talking to the people I care about, there's barely any time for reading or music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home