Monday, October 12, 2009

by way of apology




I was dashing off for a last-minute visit to the loo with a friend of mine, prior to us running the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon in London (it hurt), when I asked him if he'd been watching X Factor. He scoffed, and then exclaimed how much he hated "that one with the afro" and how he loathes "Sex On Fire". I mumbled something in agreement, because I do actually agree with him, ...but I also have bad taste. Paddington was the perfect gent and didn't blow my cover. It's times like this I'm relieved my friends don't ever check my blog. However, in case he does, I hope this link to a very lucid and intelligent look at the influence of Studio Ghibli's Howl's Moving Castle and Laputa on Pixar's Up does something to restore his confidence in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home