Thursday, January 22, 2009

song of the week: first orgasm



An understated, miserable, elegant song from Boston's finest. Amanda's taut, creepy piano riffs and Brian's shimmery drum crashes brilliantly mimick the building crescendoes of orgasm, leaving the listener feeling as hollow and as lonely as the song's protagonist. One of the coldest songs I can think of, with Amanda's muttered dismissals of relationships and droll double-entendres cutting incisively through the song's blatant bitterness.

Not perhaps the most appropriate song to post on the week after, I am delighted to say, I became engaged. But then, I don't live in MTV; my itunes shuffle doesn't know I'm madly in love.

1 Comments:

At 24 January, 2009 15:48 , Blogger Snowball said...

Wow - congratulations etc...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home