Thursday, August 28, 2008

my apologies

I know I promised a part II to my post on the girls vs boys musical debate, and trust me, it'll follow in September.

But, alas, not until then, as I will be returning to my spiritual home of the Czech Republic this week. I have never felt more at home, or more in love with anywhere, than when I landed in Prague as a fresh-faced and shit-scared nineteen year old on her gap year jaunt around Eastern Europe. Everywhere was dusted with snow, everyone in our hostel looked like an I.D. model, cigarettes were 50p a pack and the city streets were loaded with a thrilling feeling of mystery, beauty, drama and possibility. I remember looking out on the city in the wee hours of the morning from Petrin, buzzing on vodka and naive enthusiasm as the city opened its drowsy eyes, and not being quite sure if it was real, or if I was just having the most divine lucid dream. I didn't think there could be anywhere more enigmatic or romantic on earth.

And then I went to Cesky Krumlov.

So, I'm going home. I'll send you a postcard xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home